Scottish Grand National 2006 Result
It was a great day for trainer-jockey Carl Llewellyn as his 33-1 shot Run For Paddy came home to win the Scottish Grand National in a dramatic finish. The late surge by his mount was timed to absolute perfection and enabled him to head off 7/1 race favourite, Ladalko. For punters it was a great disappointment, Ladalko with Ruby Walsh on board had a great deal of money laid on him to win and his failure turned it into a great day for the Bookmakers. It was a huge disappointment for Ruby Walsh, as it was the second time he had been beaten in a photo finish in the big race.
Third horse home was 50/1 outsider Royal Emporor, with 8/1 Idle Talk in fourth. For Carl Llewellyn it was his first win as a trainer. The race had been led by Royal Emporor and Idle Talk and they were still at the helm coming into final straight. It was there that Walsh made his move on Ladalko and he led over the final fence only to be pipped on the post by fast finishing Run For Paddy.
- 1st Run For Paddy – C Llewellyn – 33/1
- 2nd Ladalko – R Walsh – 7/1 Fav
- 3rd Royal Emporor – D Elsworth – 50/1
- 4th Idle Talk – J Maguire – 8/1
- 2014 Cheltenham Festival Top Jockey Betting Walsh Odds On But Scu Gets The Nod
- 2014 Festival View Ireland All Set For Another Strong Cheltenham Challenge
- 2014 Cheltenham Festival Top Trainer Betting Mullins to dominate at Prestbury Park
- Ryanair Chase Ante Post Verdict Strong Trend Horses Head Betting For Grade 1
- Cheltenham Gold Cup Ante Post View Bobs Worth ready to shine in main event
- World Hurdle Ante Post View Annie Can Power To Cheltenham Festival Success
- Mares Hurdle Ante Post View Quevega bids for a record breaking sixth win in a row
- Champion Hurdle Ante Post View The New One Tipped to Run Down Old Guard