Scottish Grand National 2006 Result
It was a great day for trainer-jockey Carl Llewellyn as his 33-1 shot Run For Paddy came home to win the Scottish Grand National in a dramatic finish. The late surge by his mount was timed to absolute perfection and enabled him to head off 7/1 race favourite, Ladalko. For punters it was a great disappointment, Ladalko with Ruby Walsh on board had a great deal of money laid on him to win and his failure turned it into a great day for the Bookmakers. It was a huge disappointment for Ruby Walsh, as it was the second time he had been beaten in a photo finish in the big race.
Third horse home was 50/1 outsider Royal Emporor, with 8/1 Idle Talk in fourth. For Carl Llewellyn it was his first win as a trainer. The race had been led by Royal Emporor and Idle Talk and they were still at the helm coming into final straight. It was there that Walsh made his move on Ladalko and he led over the final fence only to be pipped on the post by fast finishing Run For Paddy.
- 1st Run For Paddy – C Llewellyn – 33/1
- 2nd Ladalko – R Walsh – 7/1 Fav
- 3rd Royal Emporor – D Elsworth – 50/1
- 4th Idle Talk – J Maguire – 8/1
- Venus De Milo set to go off favourite for the Group One Nassau Stakes at Goodwood
- Intrinsic and Muthmir head the betting market for the 2014 Stewards Cup
- King George Stakes Odds Extortionist set to go off favourite at Goodwood
- Thoroughbred Stakes Odds Lightning Thunder can strike for Olly Stevens
- Hillstar and Pethers Moon vie for favouritism in the Glorious Stakes
- Betfred Mile Odds Velox heads the betting for valuable handicap at Goodwood
- Talent tipped to land the Lillie Langtry Stakes on Ladies Day at Goodwood
- Goodwood Cup Betting Brown Panther can pounce again in Thursdays feature race