Scottish Grand National 2006 Result
It was a great day for trainer-jockey Carl Llewellyn as his 33-1 shot Run For Paddy came home to win the Scottish Grand National in a dramatic finish. The late surge by his mount was timed to absolute perfection and enabled him to head off 7/1 race favourite, Ladalko. For punters it was a great disappointment, Ladalko with Ruby Walsh on board had a great deal of money laid on him to win and his failure turned it into a great day for the Bookmakers. It was a huge disappointment for Ruby Walsh, as it was the second time he had been beaten in a photo finish in the big race.
Third horse home was 50/1 outsider Royal Emporor, with 8/1 Idle Talk in fourth. For Carl Llewellyn it was his first win as a trainer. The race had been led by Royal Emporor and Idle Talk and they were still at the helm coming into final straight. It was there that Walsh made his move on Ladalko and he led over the final fence only to be pipped on the post by fast finishing Run For Paddy.
- 1st Run For Paddy – C Llewellyn – 33/1
- 2nd Ladalko – R Walsh – 7/1 Fav
- 3rd Royal Emporor – D Elsworth – 50/1
- 4th Idle Talk – J Maguire – 8/1
- Leading Light to shine in Long Distance Cup on British Champions Day
- Cirrus Des Aigles Short Odds To Pick Up Second Champion Stakes at Ascot
- Queen Elizabeth II Stakes Betting Integral Tipped To Win Third Group 1
- Seal Of Approval Taken For Repeat Win In Ultra Competitive Fillies And Mares Stakes
- Maarek to regain British Champions Sprint Stakes crown at Ascot
- Agnes Stewart to edge out Lucida in Fillies Mile at Newmarket
- Ivawood to maintain unbeaten record with Middle Park Stakes victory
- Cornwallis Stakes Odds Qatar Racing Bidding For Back To Back Wins With Strath Burn