Scottish Grand National 2006 Result
It was a great day for trainer-jockey Carl Llewellyn as his 33-1 shot Run For Paddy came home to win the Scottish Grand National in a dramatic finish. The late surge by his mount was timed to absolute perfection and enabled him to head off 7/1 race favourite, Ladalko. For punters it was a great disappointment, Ladalko with Ruby Walsh on board had a great deal of money laid on him to win and his failure turned it into a great day for the Bookmakers. It was a huge disappointment for Ruby Walsh, as it was the second time he had been beaten in a photo finish in the big race.
Third horse home was 50/1 outsider Royal Emporor, with 8/1 Idle Talk in fourth. For Carl Llewellyn it was his first win as a trainer. The race had been led by Royal Emporor and Idle Talk and they were still at the helm coming into final straight. It was there that Walsh made his move on Ladalko and he led over the final fence only to be pipped on the post by fast finishing Run For Paddy.
- 1st Run For Paddy – C Llewellyn – 33/1
- 2nd Ladalko – R Walsh – 7/1 Fav
- 3rd Royal Emporor – D Elsworth – 50/1
- 4th Idle Talk – J Maguire – 8/1
- AP McCoy can round off Scoop 6 with Box Office ride at Sandown
- Le Reve heads betting for wide open bet365 Gold Cup at Sandown
- AP McCoy aims for Sandown Park Celebration on board Mr Mole
- Cape Clear Island Looks The Bet In Tight Bet365 Classic Trial Market
- Shifting can Power to bet365 Mile success for Hannon
- Cannock Chase tipped to sparkle in Gordon Richards Stakes at Sandown
- AP McCoy Top 10 Moments We look at some of his career highs
- Quality action from Newbury and Ayr feature in tough Scoop 6 test