Scottish Grand National 2006 Result
It was a great day for trainer-jockey Carl Llewellyn as his 33-1 shot Run For Paddy came home to win the Scottish Grand National in a dramatic finish. The late surge by his mount was timed to absolute perfection and enabled him to head off 7/1 race favourite, Ladalko. For punters it was a great disappointment, Ladalko with Ruby Walsh on board had a great deal of money laid on him to win and his failure turned it into a great day for the Bookmakers. It was a huge disappointment for Ruby Walsh, as it was the second time he had been beaten in a photo finish in the big race.
Third horse home was 50/1 outsider Royal Emporor, with 8/1 Idle Talk in fourth. For Carl Llewellyn it was his first win as a trainer. The race had been led by Royal Emporor and Idle Talk and they were still at the helm coming into final straight. It was there that Walsh made his move on Ladalko and he led over the final fence only to be pipped on the post by fast finishing Run For Paddy.
- 1st Run For Paddy – C Llewellyn – 33/1
- 2nd Ladalko – R Walsh – 7/1 Fav
- 3rd Royal Emporor – D Elsworth – 50/1
- 4th Idle Talk – J Maguire – 8/1
- Anthem Alexander A Great Price In July Cup Betting At Newmarket
- Tony Curtis Looks Just The Act In Superlative Stakes Market
- Heavens Guest is here to stay as far as the Bunbury Cup is concerned
- A Quarter Of A Million Up For Grabs In Saturdays Scoop 6
- Sennockian Backed To Star In Wide Open York John Smiths Cup
- Arod holds all of the aces for the Summer Mile Stakes
- Palmers New Providence is simply irresistible in the betting for the Summer Stakes
- Group 1 Falmouth Stakes Glory Can Go To Top Quality Lucida