Scottish Grand National 2006 Result
It was a great day for trainer-jockey Carl Llewellyn as his 33-1 shot Run For Paddy came home to win the Scottish Grand National in a dramatic finish. The late surge by his mount was timed to absolute perfection and enabled him to head off 7/1 race favourite, Ladalko. For punters it was a great disappointment, Ladalko with Ruby Walsh on board had a great deal of money laid on him to win and his failure turned it into a great day for the Bookmakers. It was a huge disappointment for Ruby Walsh, as it was the second time he had been beaten in a photo finish in the big race.
Third horse home was 50/1 outsider Royal Emporor, with 8/1 Idle Talk in fourth. For Carl Llewellyn it was his first win as a trainer. The race had been led by Royal Emporor and Idle Talk and they were still at the helm coming into final straight. It was there that Walsh made his move on Ladalko and he led over the final fence only to be pipped on the post by fast finishing Run For Paddy.
- 1st Run For Paddy – C Llewellyn – 33/1
- 2nd Ladalko – R Walsh – 7/1 Fav
- 3rd Royal Emporor – D Elsworth – 50/1
- 4th Idle Talk – J Maguire – 8/1
- International Handicap Odds Horsted Keynes heads the betting at Ascot
- York Stakes Odds Long John can sail to victory on the Knavesmire
- Telescope The Favourite In Exciting King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes Betting
- 2014 Valiant Stakes Odds Euro Charline heads the Ascot betting
- Silver Flash Stakes Odds Raydara tipped to shine at Leopardstown
- Tyros Stakes Odds Gleneagles is a firm favourite in the Leopardstown betting
- Glorious Goodwood Betting Preview Sussex Stakes set to host another Duel on the Downs
- 2014 Galway Festival Betting Preview Pique Sous favourite for Galway Hurdle on Ladies Day