Scottish Grand National 2006 Result
It was a great day for trainer-jockey Carl Llewellyn as his 33-1 shot Run For Paddy came home to win the Scottish Grand National in a dramatic finish. The late surge by his mount was timed to absolute perfection and enabled him to head off 7/1 race favourite, Ladalko. For punters it was a great disappointment, Ladalko with Ruby Walsh on board had a great deal of money laid on him to win and his failure turned it into a great day for the Bookmakers. It was a huge disappointment for Ruby Walsh, as it was the second time he had been beaten in a photo finish in the big race.
Third horse home was 50/1 outsider Royal Emporor, with 8/1 Idle Talk in fourth. For Carl Llewellyn it was his first win as a trainer. The race had been led by Royal Emporor and Idle Talk and they were still at the helm coming into final straight. It was there that Walsh made his move on Ladalko and he led over the final fence only to be pipped on the post by fast finishing Run For Paddy.
- 1st Run For Paddy – C Llewellyn – 33/1
- 2nd Ladalko – R Walsh – 7/1 Fav
- 3rd Royal Emporor – D Elsworth – 50/1
- 4th Idle Talk – J Maguire – 8/1
- Minding set to ease to Irish 1000 Guineas glory at Curragh
- Irish 2000 Guineas Gold Medal Should Go To In Form Galileo
- Time Test to down Found in Tattersalls Gold Cup at Curragh
- Punters Praying For Devine Meccas Angel Performance in Temple Stakes
- Kodi Bear can roar to Lockinge Stakes victory at Newbury
- Flying Officer can storm to Yorkshire Cup success for Gosden
- Koora tipped to land Middleton Stakes success for Cumani
- Wings Of Desire Can Fly In Dante Stakes On The Knavesmire