Scottish Grand National 2006 Result
It was a great day for trainer-jockey Carl Llewellyn as his 33-1 shot Run For Paddy came home to win the Scottish Grand National in a dramatic finish. The late surge by his mount was timed to absolute perfection and enabled him to head off 7/1 race favourite, Ladalko. For punters it was a great disappointment, Ladalko with Ruby Walsh on board had a great deal of money laid on him to win and his failure turned it into a great day for the Bookmakers. It was a huge disappointment for Ruby Walsh, as it was the second time he had been beaten in a photo finish in the big race.
Third horse home was 50/1 outsider Royal Emporor, with 8/1 Idle Talk in fourth. For Carl Llewellyn it was his first win as a trainer. The race had been led by Royal Emporor and Idle Talk and they were still at the helm coming into final straight. It was there that Walsh made his move on Ladalko and he led over the final fence only to be pipped on the post by fast finishing Run For Paddy.
- 1st Run For Paddy – C Llewellyn – 33/1
- 2nd Ladalko – R Walsh – 7/1 Fav
- 3rd Royal Emporor – D Elsworth – 50/1
- 4th Idle Talk – J Maguire – 8/1
- Vent De Force tipped to land Henry II Stakes win at Sandown
- Arab can Spring to victory in Brigadier Gerard Stakes at Sandown
- Back Bocca Baciata For Irish 1000 Guineas Glory At The Curragh
- Great Scott The Grey Gatsby Tipped To Chalk Up Another Group 1 Success
- Haydock Park dominates Scoop 6 with Temple Stakes the star act
- Gleneagles a hot favourite to bag Irish 2000 Guineas at the Curragh
- Mutasayyid The One To Follow In Exciting Silver Bowl Betting Market
- Goldream tipped to land Temple Stakes glory at Haydock Park