Ayr is Scotland's only Grade One racecourse, it is situated not far from the magnificent Ayrshire coast, famous for its links golf courses and its Robert Burns references. The racecourse hosts both National Hunt and flat racing including of course the Scottish Grand National. Amongst its top flat races are the Scottish Derby that is run in July and the Ayr Gold Cup in September. The course replaced the previous Bogside course in 1966. See Scottish Grand National History. Please view Travelling information to the Ayr racecourse. Scottish Grand National ticket information can be viewed here.
Princess Royal Stand
The Princess Royal Stand accommodates the Champagne and Seafood Bar which offers top quality facilities. The stand has incredible views that overlook both the winning post and the paddock. Other facilities include the Princess Royal Suite, the Bistro Bar and the Belleisle Bar, all of which offer a wide range of top quality food and refreshments.
The main Grandstand arae hosts the Cree Lodge and Jock's Bar where spectators can enjoy a simple snack or meal in an area that provides easy access to the Bookmakers enclosure. Additionally there is a wide range of burger vans, fish and chip vans, ice cream even an Indian cuisine van is available
There are several Tote facilities throughout the Grandstand areas and in addition there is the main bookmakers ring in front of the main Grandstand. Other bookmakers are available around the course.
- Romain De Senam To Storm To BetVictor Gold Cup Glory At Cheltenham
- Melbourne Cup Odds Johannes Vermeer Can Give Aidan OBrien Another Famous Success
- More Of That Can Run A Huge Race In JNWine Champion Chase At Down Royal
- Saxon Warrior To Bag Racing Post Trophy Glory At Doncaster
- Bateel To Down Journey And Win Fillies And Mares Stakes At Ascot
- Ribchester Can Bound To Queen Elizabeth II Stakes Glory On Champions Day
- Quiet Reflection The Each Way Play In Stunning British Champions Sprint Stakes
- Punters Should Be On The Cracksman To Win The Champion Stakes At Ascot