Ayr is Scotland's only Grade One racecourse, it is situated not far from the magnificent Ayrshire coast, famous for its links golf courses and its Robert Burns references. The racecourse hosts both National Hunt and flat racing including of course the Scottish Grand National. Amongst its top flat races are the Scottish Derby that is run in July and the Ayr Gold Cup in September. The course replaced the previous Bogside course in 1966. See Scottish Grand National History. Please view Travelling information to the Ayr racecourse. Scottish Grand National ticket information can be viewed here.
Princess Royal Stand
The Princess Royal Stand accommodates the Champagne and Seafood Bar which offers top quality facilities. The stand has incredible views that overlook both the winning post and the paddock. Other facilities include the Princess Royal Suite, the Bistro Bar and the Belleisle Bar, all of which offer a wide range of top quality food and refreshments.
The main Grandstand arae hosts the Cree Lodge and Jock's Bar where spectators can enjoy a simple snack or meal in an area that provides easy access to the Bookmakers enclosure. Additionally there is a wide range of burger vans, fish and chip vans, ice cream even an Indian cuisine van is available
There are several Tote facilities throughout the Grandstand areas and in addition there is the main bookmakers ring in front of the main Grandstand. Other bookmakers are available around the course.
- Capri Tipped To Bound To St Leger Glory For Ballydoyle At Doncaster
- Torcedor The Each Way Value In Irish St Leger At The Curragh
- Soft Ground Haydock Sprint Cup Can Go To Tasleet This Weekend
- Top Tug To Strike In Competitive Ebor Handicap At York
- Lady Aurelia And Battaash Set For Titanic Nunthorpe Stakes Clash
- Superstar Filly Enable To Land More Group 1 Glory With Yorkshire Oaks Success
- Barney Roy To Bound To Juddmonte International Glory At York
- Crystal Ocean To Hand Stoute More Success In Gordon Stakes At Goodwood